Auf das Thema antworten Seite 1 von 1

BeitragVerfasst: 01.05.2017 17:23 
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

1st May 2017
Skull #journeysend

Skull #journeysend

http://www.rogertaylorofficial.com

Aber auch in den News bei Queenonline....
Skull? Journey's End'???

dazu dieser Mini-Clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nry7_2S8IHA

Mal sehen, was sich dahinter verbirgt....

Zuletzt geändert von OGRe am 05.05.2017 21:23, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: 02.05.2017 21:07 
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Noch ein Clip:
Sunset!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKZJzjlGBhI

Links unten in der Ecke, das ist doch Roger?

BeitragVerfasst: 03.05.2017 21:35 
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Clip Nr.3.....Dream like....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4eQ6ExyO4o

So langsam könnte mal mehr verraten, was das alles soll...vielleicht ein neues Solo-Werk?

Auch viele neue Fotos von Roger auf Facebook,sehen nach einem professionellen Fotoshooting aus.

BeitragVerfasst: 04.05.2017 22:00 
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Over the last few days, legendary Queen drummer Roger Taylor has been trailing some enigmatic videos, raising the question: what on earth is he up to? From haunting, ambient washes accompanying the shot of a skull-headed walking cane at sunset, to a panoramic coastal view with Taylor singing “fly like the swallows that dance through the sky”, it’s now become clear that these snippets are part of a wider whole: Journey’s End, a short movie which will be released through iTunes tomorrow.

Filmed in Cornwall with his wife, Sarina Potgieter, Journey’s End is a poignant, meditative piece which sees Taylor both looking back (it features footage shot at the cathedral he sang in as a boy growing up in Truro) and forward – to the future that awaits us all. In an interview about the piece, Roger Taylor says, “It is a sort of acceptance of the fact that things will come to an end, and it is a journey. And a journey towards one’s end of one’s little turn on the coil.”

Noting that he doesn’t really think of himself as having had “a solo career”, Taylor says, “I just think of it as things I do and sort of come up with occasionally. The main thrust of what I do is really Queen, the mothership, and that seems to take up quite a lot of our time lately.”

But there’s no denying that he has been mulling over the big questions in between times. “If I occasionally do have a little idea, then I’m free to indulge myself,” he says, adding that Journey’s End was “born of a rather nice chord sequence and it has a sort of quite whimsical, rather fatalistic atmosphere”.

“I think it’s basically about thoughts of mortality,” he continues. “And as we’re not getting any younger, you should start thinking about the tail end, or the September of one’s years.”

With no little understatement, Taylor marvels, “It’s been an incredible journey: our career, our band Queen, which we thought was over with the death of Freddie, just seems to continue with a life of its own.” Indeed, the group are once again about to set out on tour with Adam Lambert: “As long as people want to see us, we’ll be happy to indulge that,” Taylor says.

Happily, the journey is not over – and, for fans, Journey’s End is just beginning.

Purchase the full eight-minute Journey’s End video via iTunes on 5 May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... Sga9XmXptE

BeitragVerfasst: 05.05.2017 12:59 
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Christian Rischer vom österreichischen Fanclub hat den Link vom ganzen Song auf FB gepostet:

https://vimeo.com/216107379

Najaaa...ich finde den Song ein wenig gewöhnungsbedürftig....was meint Ihr zu dem Song??
BildLet Me LiveBild

BeitragVerfasst: 05.05.2017 13:38 
Queen II
Queen II

keine ahnung kann das leider nicht sehen ladet nicht

BeitragVerfasst: 05.05.2017 17:56 
The Game
The Game

sphärische klänge, die eine gewisse atmosphäre erzeugen. also ideen hat er schon noch. es ist jetzt kein "normales lied", das man gut findet, aber auf 30min ausgedehnt oder in der endlosschleife kann man sich das spätabends im dunkeln sehr gut anhören. für sonne und 25°C im cabrio ist es aber nichts.
Someone just drained the colour from my wings... (1973)
My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies... (1991)
My butterfly grew golden wings (2008)

BeitragVerfasst: 05.05.2017 21:16 
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Gut gemacht! Mir gefällt Journey´s End.

Video ist wirklich sehr schön geworden, schöne Aufnahmen von Roger und schöne Landschaftsaufnahmen.

Journey´s End an sich: Wirklich sehr schön geworden. Schötn, dass Roger sich, was traut. Muss aber beim Hören und Sehen von Journey´s End irgendwie an die Veröffentlichungen von Black Star(David Bowie)), so von der Atmosphere.

Großen Minuspunkt gibt es dafür, dass es (im Moment) Journey´s Ende nur über iTunes gibt.

Press Release: Roger Taylor's Journeys End Released Today

“Accepting that eternity is not an option, Roger Taylor delivers a haunting musical and visual odyssey steeped in reflection and contemplation.”

Queen's Roger Taylor Surprises with Announcement of New Release available today, May 5.

Queen drummer and songwriter Roger Taylor has made the surprise announcement of the release of a majestic new cinematic short film based on new track written and performed by him . The audio visual work is exclusively available to download on iTunes today.

Click here to download 'Journey's End'.

Journey's End is Taylor's first fresh solo work since his rowdy, politically charged 2013 album Fun On Earth. But this new addition to his prolific canon could hardly be more different in tone in sound. Symphonic in scale and autumnal in mood, Journey's End is Taylor's ‘September Song’, a highly personal reflection on earthly mortality and ephemeral beauty.

Spanning precisely six minutes and 50 seconds, Journey's End exceeds the epic running time of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody by almost a full minute. Musically it offers a warm, immersive bittersweet blend of lush chamber-pop ballad and widescreen ambient sound painting, which is graced in its latter half by a luminous, free-flowing guitar solo.

Inspired more by classical than rock sources, Journey's End is deeper and broader than a conventional rock ballad. "It's a 'piece'," Taylor says, "which is why there is a long solo in it. I've just let it take its own course. I just didn't want to make it quick, edit it. I wanted it to be fairly contemplative, fairly dreamlike, a mood piece."

Taylor wrote Journey's End around a "rather lovely chord sequence, slightly in the mode of some of the turn of the century composers. It has a quite whimsical, rather fatalistic atmosphere. It's basically about thoughts of mortality. It is a sort of acceptance of the fact that this a journey, and that journey will come to an end. Even the bass sequence, which is almost random, is a plodding footstep kind of thing. A journey towards the tail end, the September of one's years."

Directed by the BAFTA-winning actor and filmmaker Stuart Brennan, this sumptuously shot mini-epic has an otherworldly, elegiac feel to match the song's rueful, metaphysical mood. The film was mostly shot around Taylor's house in Truro in his home region of Cornwall in southwest England. He appears on screen throughout, but as a shadowy figure playfully half-disguised behind sunglasses and stylish hat, striding through the landscape like a Magritte painting come to life.

"I didn't really want my face in it", Taylor laughs. Even so, he is instantly recognizable from the overcoat, the graying goatee, the monogram ring. His actress and film-maker wife Sarina, who co-produced the Journey's End film, also performs in a gothic devil-angel danse macabre sequence shot under the magnificent vaulted ceiling of Truro Cathedral, where Taylor was a chorister in his youth.

Footage of ecstatic concert crowds and adoring close-ups of heroically battered Fender guitars also serve as totemic reminders of Taylor's five-decade career as a high-octane live rock performer and multi-instrumentalist. Memories and ghosts, distant echoes and personal connections, all are intertwined in this sublime audio-visual rhapsody. These are the days of his life.

The Journey's End film feels like a waking dream. Lustrous, ever-shifting color filters and quick-change camera speed effects enhance the overall sense of an enchanted cinematic reverie. Besides making great use of the strikingly lovely Cornish landscape, with its ruggedly beautiful cliffs and idyllic woodland glades, the film also features stunning aerial footage of Chinese mountains.

This mountain imagery reflects one of the key inspirations behind Journey's End, Frank Capra's classic 1937 movie Lost Horizon, about a mystical secret community nestled high in the Tibetan peaks. "A plane goes down and the survivors are lost in the Himalayas, and they find this city of Shangri-La where there is a kind of Utopian perfection," Taylor explains. "It's a great mood piece, and I had that sort of atmosphere in my head when I was writing the song."

The "dreadful year" of 2016, as Taylor describes it, may also have had a hand in prompting Journey's End. Last year the Queen family lost two of their most beloved friends and collaborators, David Bowie and George Michael. Taylor confesses he would have loved to have worked more with Bowie: "had we done an album together, it would have been fantastic". But he shrugs off ancient conjecture about Michael becoming Queen's official front man after Freddie Mercury's death: "He was following a different path. He was used to working with quieter instrumentation, not this massive great wall of sound. I don't think it would have worked."

Bowie is clearly still in Taylor's thoughts, and his untimely death last year certainly casts a shadow over Journey's End. "Everybody's leaving at some point, and as you get older you think about it more," Taylor sighs. "I don't think anyone in their twenties thinks about that kind of thing, but of course, inevitably, one is forced to confront the fact. As I think David Bowie said, 'I embrace age'. I am not sure he meant it, but then he did say, 'the only drawback is the dying bit that is shit!'"

Journey's End is a stand-alone personal statement from Taylor, but he remains firmly committed to his main musical project with Queen. Indeed, he is already gearing up for a busy year on the road with his longtime partner Brian May touring as Queen + Adam Lambert. The band begins a 26-date concert tour across North America from 23rd June ending 5th August in Houston. Queen + Adam Lambert then play Europe and the UK later in the year performing 26 dates from 1st November to December 16.

"The main thrust of what I do is still really Queen, the mother ship," Taylor nods. "But in the times in between, I occasionally do have an idea, a little project, which is what this was really. And then I feel free to indulge myself. This piece is a journey, a sort of realisation of coming up to the end of that journey. This has been an incredible journey - our career, our band Queen, which we thought was over with the death of Freddie, it just seems to continue, almost with a life of its own. And as long as people want to see us, we will be happy to indulge them."

Journey’s End. The Music.

Composed and entirely performed by Roger Taylor. 2016.

(Vocals, piano, keyboards, guitar and upright bass)

Additional keyboards Joshua J Macrae

Additional guitar Jason Falloon.

Produced by Roger Taylor and Joshua J Macrae.

Running time: 6 minutes 50 seconds

Journey’s End. Cinematic Short.

BeitragVerfasst: 08.05.2017 21:17 
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

:thumb :thumb :thumb

'Journey's End' Hits No.1 in iTunes Chart!

Just look at these 'Journey's End' current chart placings...

Click here to download Roger Taylor's 'Journey's End'

UK: No.1

US: No.14

Holland No.1

Finland No.1

Estonia: No.1

Germany: No.2

France: No.2

Italy: No.2

Hungary: No.3

Lithuania: No.3

Sweden: No.4

Russia: No.4

Poland: No.6

Greece : No.7

Australia: No.8

Denmark: No.10

Czech Republic: No.10

Romania: No.13

Japan: No.16

Argentina: No.24

#journeysend

BeitragVerfasst: 08.05.2017 22:02 
The Game
The Game

Zitat:
...Roger Taylor has made the surprise announcement of the release of a majestic new cinematic short film based on new track written and performed by him...

also nur nochmal sicherheitshalber fürs protokoll - es geht um das eine lied und das knapp 7min lange video dazu?! beim überfliegen dieser (werbe-)passage war ich nämlich etwas irritiert, "majestic short film" klang nach mehr :lol:

aber mir gefällt es nach wie vor. bei kälte, dunkelheit und regen wirkt es besser als bei 30°C :wink:

BeitragVerfasst: 09.05.2017 21:26 
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

cabron hat geschrieben:
Zitat:
...Roger Taylor has made the surprise announcement of the release of a majestic new cinematic short film based on new track written and performed by him...

also nur nochmal sicherheitshalber fürs protokoll - es geht um das eine lied und das knapp 7min lange video dazu?! beim überfliegen dieser (werbe-)passage war ich nämlich etwas irritiert, "majestic short film" klang nach mehr :lol:

aber mir gefällt es nach wie vor. bei kälte, dunkelheit und regen wirkt es besser als bei 30°C :wink:

OK, als majestic würde ich das Video jetzt auch nicht bezeichnen. Vergleicht man das Journey´s End Video mit dem Video von Sunny Day : Da ist der Filmaufwand aktuell deutlich höher, und hier ist ein wirklich schöner Kurzfilm daraus
geworden.

http://www.queenonline.com/en/news-arch ... interview/

BeitragVerfasst: 02.06.2017 21:11 
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Ab heute als digitaler Audio-Download :thumb

BeitragVerfasst: 05.06.2017 23:24 
The Game
The Game

um nochmal drei takte hierzu zu sagen:
stark vereinfacht formuliert ist Roger (heute) eigentlich "moderner", "kreativer" bzw. "vielfältiger" als Brian (dort gibt es gitarrensolo, mehrstimmige chöre usw.). ein so atmosphärisches und gleichermaßen schräges lied kann nur von Roger kommen.

was ich dort am anfang etwas mißlungen finde, sind die ersten textzeilen, das hat etwas von billigem schüttelreim und zerstört mir die atmosphäre ein bißchen:

"in my life, I´ve always dreamed
in my dreams I lived to fly
and when I fly, Im flying blind
so many questions spring to mind"

...äh, ja... "großartig" :lol:

da muß ich weghören, aber sonst bin ich immer noch ziemlich beindruckt 8) wenn es dunkel wird, kann man das praktisch stundenlang hören :thumb

BeitragVerfasst: 29.06.2017 23:05 
The Game
The Game

na - keiner sonst? je verregneter der sommer, desto besser funktioniert der song doch!

BeitragVerfasst: 04.07.2017 21:11 
Innuendo
Innuendo

Rogers Solosachen außer Strange Frontier und The Cross sind nicht so meins...
Es gibt kein Fleisch von glücklichen Tieren. Nur von toten. (Karen Duve)

Es ist nicht Deine Schuld, dass die Welt ist, wie sie ist, es ist nur Deine Schuld, wenn sie so bleibt... (Die Ärzte)

Es ist das Zeitalter der Dummen. Wir bereiten den kollektiven Selbstmord vor. (Mohamed Nasheed)

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Mitglieder in diesem Forum: 0 Mitglieder und 1 Gast

Suche nach:
Gehe zu: